Tuesday, December 1, 2009

My Story Book Vacation

So this last weekend my family and Nate and I went to NYC for Thanksgiving. We did pretty much everything you're supposed to do. We saw the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade, the statue of Liberty, Ellis Island, Times Square, Central Park, Empire State Building, and saw "In the Heights" on Broadway, which was fabulous.
I made huge batches of Chex Mix, and Muddy Buddies, and these Pie Pops that I saw on Bakerella for the ride down, and they were a huge hit!

I thought my mother was acting a little strange all weekend. Every 5 minutes she was wanting to take Nate and I's picture. Here we are at the Parade:
And then (here's the good part), on Friday Nate suggested we head over to Central Park for a little alone time. He said "why don't we go for a carriage ride?" and I thought that's weird. Nate does not like all that mushy romantic stuff. But this is us on our carriage ride:Then we went for a walk around Central Park. We found a really pretty pond and walked around that and then we came to this very pretty stone bridge. Nate immediately wanted to go up on the stone bridge. I thought he was acting a little strange, and walking really fast, and I was wondering if he was going to do what I though he was going to do, but kept talking myself out of it so as not to be disappointed if he didn't.
But sure enough, we stood on top of the bridge for a few minutes and then out of nowhere he gets down on his knee, pulls out a ring and says "will you marry me?". I was in such shock the first thing out of my mouth was "ARE YOU SERIOUS?!"ha ha poor Nate. I immediately followed it with a YES!

This is the embarrassing reenactment my mother made us do the next day...
So that's my story, of how I got engaged the day after Thanksgiving in Central Park :)

1 comment:

  1. oh my goodness!!! That is the cutest thing!!! Now time for a picture of the ring!! =)

    ReplyDelete