Friday, March 5, 2010

For the Love of Drama

I have always known that I really really love drama. I just love the theater and love to be on stage. Ever since I was little, 7 to be exact, and my mom brought me to try out for "Oliver!" at CLT I've been hooked. It may seem shocking if you don't know me very well, because I know I'm very shy and quiet, but get my up there on a stage in front of tons of people, and Oh Boy look out! ha ha
The reason I bring it up is because I AM SO EXCITED about directing this show at St. Dom's. We've had a read through a one rehearsal so far and I just love it! I really love acting AND directing, and just anything to do with it! I'm a little overwhelmed with all there is to do to get this show off the ground, but it totally motivates me! I wish all my work could feel like this. I am really excited about working with this group of kids, because they are funny, and committed, and so motivated and excited to put on an awesome show! I've gotten very lucky. But, truly, I need to find a way to get this feeling all day. To find something to do that I think about all day long. That I just can't wait to do. That 3 hours flies by like it was 3 minutes. That I lay in bed thinking about, not able to sleep, because I'm so excited about my ideas. Something that makes me this happy.

Suggestions?


No comments:

Post a Comment