Thursday, August 12, 2010

Overextended

Overextended, is an understatement. I always feel busy and stressed, but I have never fallen off the face of the planet quite in the way I have the past few weeks. Come February I will be crying for summer, but right now, all I want is for fall to come, because in some delusional way I think fall=less stress.

4664120732_755a729769_large
ha ha

I'm just in need of some good old fashioned R & R. Last night, at the Mechuwana camp fire, the kitchen staff girls sang a remix of Katy Perry "California Girls" entitled "Mechuwana Girls". In one of the lines they sang "pasty skin, so white we'll burn your retinas" and I just about peed myself laughing. They cut me to the core. I haven't been to the beach once this year, nor did I go at all last year! That's just tragic. I must find time to go! Maybe a beach day would calm my nerves.

Or some retail therapy.....


Desejo-shopping_large
shopping?

No, I just dropped big bucks for new living room furniture. More on that later. But just take today for instance. I have two hours before I head to my next job. Two precious, glorious, beautiful hours. And what am I going to do? Lay out in the sun? No. Take a bubble bath? No. Read a book? Take a nap? Go for a nature walk? No, no and no. I'm going to do laundry with my precious, glorious, beautiful time. Yes laundry. I literally haven't done laundry in over a month and have nothing to wear. I was scraping the back of my closet this morning. AND I have my first solo client meeting tomorrow, so I can't really rock the wrinkled, 6 year old blouse look.


Tumblr_l5y5kowu101qcig03o1_500_large
Laundry

So wish me luck. Someday I'll post fun craft and cooking things again. Someday.....


Until then,

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_DFHkhdj3mx0/TAZqP9xCgQI/AAAAAAAAASE/o5D0dFhyZLU/s1600/Tag+copy.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment