Monday, February 7, 2011

One weekend down, one more to go!

So the first weekend of performances for To Kill a Mockingbird have gone off with a smash! We had a snow storm on Saturday, but my family and Nate's family and some of our friends still came out...the show must go on!

This is, obviously, the best part: it's the payoff for all the hard work we put in. We have a brush up on Tuesday and then four more shows this weekend. But I still can't help wondering how people do this professionally, drama's anyway. When I walk off that stage I am so emotionally exhausted. I pour out all my heart and soul and feel so drained when it's through. I suppose we know that the story we are telling is an important one, and every night the audience is watching with new eyes, and we want to have just as important of an impact on them as we did the night's before.

I look like I'm about to hurl on that Bible! ha!
I have to say, I'm so happy my performance was so well received, or that my character is so hated anyway. My sister came back after the show and was like "you kinda freaked me out" and Nate kept saying "I knew it was you up there, but I had to keep looking because I thought it wasn't" and that he felt freaked out and upset by how distraught I was. That's acting, when your audience member shares your emotion, and then is concerned that you are really feeling what you're portraying, which I'm not, really. For that moment, yes I feel what Mayella feels, and when I'm off stage I have a bit of heaviness to my heart as I try to process through what we're doing, but I'm not exactly have screaming/crying fits in the green room. :)
On a different note, I am starting a yoga class tonight. I'm pretty pumped. I've been looking for something active do while, while also regaining my sanity and finding time to recharge, hopefully I'll really like it and I won't break my neck! haha! Isn't this picture just to cutest! :)









No comments:

Post a Comment