Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Thanks of the Week

The blogging community always reminds me to quit my belly-achin and be thankful. If you want to do something, then do it, and be thankful for what you have. So I'm going to try and be better about spending more time reflecting on the things I do have, and the blessings of my life, rather than the bad/depressing/stressful stuff. So to start my weekend off right, here's what I'm thankful for this week:



1. These ladies. They, along with my mother, God mother and an assortment of aunts and family members, threw me the most beautiful, cutest Central Park themed bridal shower ever. (Click Here for the Central Park explanation.) They clearly put so much work into my shower, and so many lovely family and friends came. Though terribly uncomfortable by being the center of attention, my MOH and bridesmaids threw a beautiful shower and deflected the burning gazes as much as possible.




2. Summer Time. And this funny picture. We've had so much rain lately, I just try and take in as much sunlight as possible (...on my way to and from my car in between jobs...)




3. This little girl, Miss Grace. She's Nate and I's God daughter and she is just the most precious thing. She'll be turning two this weekend and will be becoming a big sister later this year. I'm so thankful for the Behne family and love them to bits!


4. On the topic of babies, I am so, so, so eternally grateful and hopeful for my best friend Kate, she's having a baby!!! yay!!! She's been struggling with conception for the past three years, and had some tough times (you can read more about her on her blog: A Bushel and a Peck) So, this pregnancy is a little nerve wracking and while I'm anxious, I am also so hopeful and pray for her and her little baby every second. I want my little niece or nephew to make it here so I can hold him or her in my arms....and put fake moustaches on them. :) Yes, Kate, I am going to do this to your children. No, I don't care if it's a girl or not, I'm taking moustache pictures of them. haha!



5. Last, but most certainly not least, my soon to be husband. He has been so great and supporting through this wedding planning. (He stuffed all the invitations himself when I wasn't feeling well.) Though he works 7 days a week and is constantly giving of himself to everyone else, he tries his best to make time for me and help me no matter how tired he may be. And that's why I'm marring him. Ekkk! I'm getting married!! yay!









1 comment:

  1. I am crying like a mustache baby right now LOL. I love you to pieces and am just as lucky to have you in my life. Baby Lydon will feel the same way...even when he or she is put on blast with their first love when we pull out the embarrasing mustache baby pics LOL Love you

    ReplyDelete