Wednesday, August 3, 2011

I am not a multi-tasker.

One thing I most certainly know about myself: I am not a multi-tasker.  And in my book, that's ok.  It actually kind of irks me when people brag about their so-called multi-tasking skills.  I think it's all a big fat lie.  Lately I've had a lot on my plate, between working two jobs of which I have many responsibilities, and planning my wedding (which is in 18 days. *gulp*) I've got a lot of balls in the air.  Because of the time frame I'm working with, everything is top priority.  There is no "I'll get to that tomorrow".  So I find myself suffering from newly developed attention deficit.  I'll be working on something for 15 minutes at the most, before something else pops in my mind and I have to stop, pull out my notebook and jot it down on it's appropriate list.  That will remind me of something else that needs doing, that will only take a second, so I start on that.  But wait, there's something else.  By the end of the day I feel under-accomplished, since all I seem to have done is make lists and be continually distracted.   


I've heard a statistic that 80% of creative people also have O.C.D.  Maybe that's why just looking at pictures of clean, pretty, organized rooms like this one make me feel to happy.  I think this is supposed to be intended for a little girl, but I want this room.  I want an office/dressing room-giant closet/craft & sewing room like this some day....
Pink Room

What we talking about again? Oh, multi-tasking, right!  I wish I was one of those people who can just be crazy busy all the time and have 100 things going at once at not be bothered at all by it.  But that's just not how I work.  I need my ducks in a row.  I need to take my time, focus and check and double check everything.  I need it all delivered in a clean, pretty package.  I can't stand messiness and disorder.  I guess don't need those things, I just want them.  

And sometimes, you just can't have them.  Sometimes you just have to keep going at 100mph, hoping a break is in your future, using every last bit strength you have to do the dishes at the end of the night, and not stress out if you don't have time to blow dry your hair in the morning.  Embrace messy hair:



Later Lovecats,



2 comments:

  1. I love you. I am sorry I have been acting this way lately due to pregnancy brain that I havent been my usual slave driver self LOL <3 Best

    ReplyDelete
  2. Silly- you haven't been acting any way, you have been such a huge help this entire time and I wouldn't be sane without you!! <3

    ReplyDelete