Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Portland, Parties and the makings of Apple Butter

Last weekend was a lot of fun.  Friday we went to P-Town (that's Portland, for you non-Mainers. The "big city" when you're livin' in a small town) for Nate's cousin Brandon's Birthday.  We went to Pat's and then to Gritty's for a few drinks with Brandon, his new girlfriend Bri and their friend Lacey along with a few others.  It was a lot of fun to get out and meet new people.  I love Bri.  She's really nice and easy to talk to, and that's always such a relief when someone's dating your family member.  I always dread Nate or my siblings ending up with someone we can't stand.  That would be awful, so it's so exciting when you learn you actually really like the person they are with.  I hope we'll get to spend more time them in the near future.


Saturday I was busy all day and Saturday night Nate, Tom, Hillary and I all headed out to Litchfield for a party in the woods behind Brandon and Devan's house.  Don't ask, it's a yearly ritual.  It's a fire, and beer pong, and hanging out in the woods.  It was surprisingly hot out for a September evening. There have been years this party in woods is in November and you pretty much want to sit on the fire you're so cold.  I spent the night relaxing and chatting with Hillary, Bri and Lacey around the fire, which was nice. I was so dead tired, I couldn't stand to be on my feet for one moment longer. Get it? Couldn't stand it?! haha never mind...

Sunday Nate and I just did chores around the house and groceries, then we went to the Lydon household.  Kate made her Chicken Cordon Bleu Choweder.  That might sound weird, but it is soooo good. I HAVE to get the recipe from her and share it here sometime. mmmmmm! We also started our Christmas projects by making Apple Butter.  Well, really Kate made the Apple Butter, I just helped jar it.

Totally different story: my camera died while on our honeymoon. I know, awesome timing, right? I need a new camera so bad, I just don't have the money for one right now, and of course I'd really love a nice one.  One I can actually get good shots with.  But I'm pretty sick of the un-original photography on here right about now, aren't you?

Here's dreaming...


No comments:

Post a Comment